photo jasonbeliefs_zpsf0fb9446.jpg photo jasonlocation_zps8a6e23ae.jpg photo jasonaddress_zps232254af.jpg photo jasonpictures_zps79be6004.jpg photo jasonscripture_zpsa03ca160.jpg


Monday, January 20, 2014

The Appendicitis

At the end of November, Jason had an emergency appendectomy. Let me tell you, it was not fun thinking about him going into surgery in Colombia. Luckily he was in Cali (a well established city) and went to a good doctor. We're very grateful for skilled doctors around the world!

Hola Familia!!

Well after this weekend I feel like a new man haha! Who needs a stupid appendix anyway?! It has been a really interesting weekend, I still can’t believe that it all happened. Thursday night is when I started to have really bad stomache pains. I couldn’t sleep all night. Laying down or standing up the pain was so bad. I called the mission president Friday morning and he told me to take it easy and to drink sprite to see if that would help the pain. It didn’t. We went out to work like usual and at lunch I tried eating but the pain just got worse so I layed down on the couch and rested. At about 4:30pm I told my companion that I couldn’t handle the pain anymore and right as I was about to call the mission president he called me and said that he wanted me to see a doctor. I went in at about 6:30pm and the doctor, a member of the church, touched parts of my stomache and he found that the main source of pain was on the lower right side, Where the appendix is... He took us back to his house at about 8:30pm and he took a blood and urine test. The results came at about9:45 and showed that there was some kind of problem. I called my mission president and the doctor called a surgeon that he knows to get me into the ER. That’s when I got to talk to dad which was pretty cool. I was admitted into the hospital at about 11:30pm and got hooked up to an IV at about 1am Saturday.  I was going to have surgery right away but there was a bar fight in Cali and a bunch of guys that were all messed up took my spot in line. Jerks. haha It was a rough night. I was in a small recliner chair in a room with like 5 other people. The nurse woke me up ever 30 minutes changing the IV and making sure I was ok. At 6:30am I got to take a shower and at 8am I was in a wheelchair getting moved to surgery prep. I was there for about an hour and at 9:15am I got moved to the operating room and they put me to sleep. I have 3 entry points. 1 on each side of my lower stomache and one in my belly button. I get the stitches taken out in a week they said. I’m here in the mission home right now and I’ll be here for a few days trying to work with the zone getting things done. It’s a little boring here but it’s nice to be in a home-like setting after 17 months in Colombia haha Thanks for worrying about me. I remember asking dad and my mission president if it is safe to have surgery in Colombia hahaha they took good care of me.

I love you guys soo much!!
Elder Dahlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment