photo jasonbeliefs_zpsf0fb9446.jpg photo jasonlocation_zps8a6e23ae.jpg photo jasonaddress_zps232254af.jpg photo jasonpictures_zps79be6004.jpg photo jasonscripture_zpsa03ca160.jpg


Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 2014 Letters

Here are Elder Dahlin's January letters! They just keep getting better and better (so does Jason :). He's doing awesome! There's a chance he'll be coming home in JUNE! If not June, it'll be mid-July, but we're crossing our fingers for June ;)

January 6, 2014
Hola Familia!!

Happy 2014!! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks here but its all over now haha We went to a member’s house for New Year’s Eve and made a bunch of food and hung out with them, it was pretty fun. We should have a really good month. We got everything set up for the wedding, it’s this Friday at 3pm if you guys wanna come haha and we should have 4 or 5 baptisms this weekend too if all goes well. All the hard work finally paid off! Jose Aragon (the guys whose wife passed away) received the Priesthood yesterday, it was pretty awesome he seems so happy. He’s given us a bunch of referals too to go visit all his family, it’s awesome. The zone is doing really good, everyone seems happy. There were a few problems over the holidays but we just had interviews with President Prince so everything got taken care of. I can’t believe that I only have 6 months left in the mission :O Its going by way too fast. I love you guys so much, thank you for all the stuff you sent me, you made all the missionaries in my zone very happy haha!

Con mucho amor!
Elder Dahlin


January 13, 2014
Hola Familia!!!

Whats up?!!! How are you guys doing?!! We only had 2 baptisms this weekend, the wedding didn’t happen. There was another problem with the paper work. Turns out there’s 2 people with the same name and we got the papers for the wrong one, of course..haha but it’s alright, we are doing all that we can to be able to get everything fixed. The 2 baptisms that we had were Luz Corralez and Sofia De Leon. Luz is 76 and she was a referal from her sister whose a member. She is really nice, she’s a little shy but we slowly gained her confidence and her sister helped us out alot. Sofia De Leon is 10 and her parents were less active for a long time. They came to church about 3 weeks ago and we started visiting them and Sofia got baptized. Her dad was excomunicated for a problem that he had but he’s starting the process to get baptized again. It’s complicated what happened to him but the good news it that he has a strong desire to be sealed to his family in the temple. We have stake conference this weekend, Elder Grow from the seventy is coming. Rumor is that Cali is going to lose a stake. It’s tough here, last year our mission baptized 1660 people and the church attendance only rose 300. Alot of people are starting to fall away from the church. We are starting to work more to retain and reactivate so that there’s a real growth here in Cali. Its a great time to be a missionary, the Lord is really hastening his work.  I really love the mission, I just feel good being here. I want to have like 100 more baptisms, I just want to explode in these last six months. I love you guys so much thanks for everything you guys do!

Les quiero much!!
Elder Dahlin


January 20, 2014
Hola Familia!!!

THE BRONCOS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!! I think I need to come home for the weekend to watch the game haha. How are you guys doing? We just got back from the hospital, one of the elders in our zone had a siezure we had to take him to the ER. He’s doing better now, they are going to do a bunch of tests to see if he’s alright. We were playing soccer with a bunch of missionaries when we got the call from the Mission President. Not the funnest p-day hanging out in the hospital but that’s alright. This week was really good. The old guy who lost his wife, his son got baptized on Saturday, it was awesome! We had Stake Conference this weekend which was awesome too. Elder C. Scott Grow came from the quorum of the Seventy. I got to have a personal interview with him Friday before a special training we had later in the day and it was awesome. We talked about sealings and the purpose temples, and a little about the plan of salvation. It’s not everyday that you get to sit down with a member of the Seventy and listen to him talk about temple ordinances. I learned a lot about what it’s going to be like in the Celestial Kingdom and about the repentance process, along with the mercy that God is going to have on us. He stressed that the Lord really does want all of his children to come back to him and He’s going to try as hard as He can to make sure it happens. On Sunday he talked about the importance of the family and President Prince talked about what Elder Christopherson said about how to get to know Christ. 1) You need to study His life. How He acts, how He responds to questions and handles different situations 2) Put in practice what you learn 3) And gradually over time you will see that you become more and more like the Savior. Before my mission I had never read the Book of Mormon or the Bible, I couldn’t tell you much about Joseph Smith or even bare a good testimony. But after these 19 months I have felt my relationship with my Heavenly Father grow and I have seen how He has changed my heart. I have a lot to learn but I am so greatful to be where I am today.  It is never too late for anyone to change.  I love you guys sooo much!! I can’t believe that I’ll be home this summer!! :D

Les quiero much!!
Elder Dahlin


January 27, 2014
Hola Familia!!

How are you guys doing?! Transfers came and I’m going to be here for another transfer. 6 months in one area haha I’m pretty happy, we have a lot of good families that we are teaching right now so it should be good. My new companion is Elder Chamorro from Ecuador. I don’t really now him but I hear he’s a cool guy and I’m excited.  We didn’t have any baptisms this week and the old guy´s son that we recently baptized didn’t get confirmed on Sunday. He told us on Wednesday that he had to work a lot this week and we haven’t heard from him since. Hopefully we can talk to him this week otherwise he´ll have to get baptized again. The family that was going to get married is still having problems getting the correct papers, its really frustrating. Our ward is going through a bunch of changes right now, most of the ward leaders are inactive so we are working with the Bishop to be able to fill in the holes. I basically ran the ward council meeting yesterday. The members here don’t understand that ward council isn’t to talk about ward rosters and budgiting. I told them that this is sacred time for us to look at families in need and how we can help them. All the other stuff is for all the other boring meetings you have haha. Things are going really good though, this should be a good transfer. The zone had a few changes too, some of the elders are a little iffy. My old comp Elder Ruiz from Popayan is coming so it should be good to talk to him. It’s his last transfer. When I was with him he had 7 months in the mish...time is flyin by!

The new grossest thing I’ve eaten this week is: Pig heart. It was sooo bad and the after taste was the worst. I didn’t even know you can eat things like that haha.  It was the worst, it was so gross haha. They had just barely taken it out of the Pig, cleaned it, cooked it and gave it to me. It was the size of my fist. I wasn’t happy haha.  What’s weird is that with all the gross things that I have eaten here I still don’t like potatoes haha.

I love you guys soo much! Thanks for everything:) 4 months left, I can’t believe how fast my mission has gone by!!

Les quiero mucho!
Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment